Wednesday, 10 July 2013

TIME HEALS WOUNDS AND LEAVES SCARS?



Time heals all wounds and leave scars? Its a myth. I am so doubtful of it at the moment because as long as we are still breathing and are able to remember, time will never heal anything, be it wounds or damages....and the scars it left are ugly, really ugly...

I know we can be selective of our memories. We can disregard the unpleasant ones and let the good ones remain. But the mind likes to play tricks on us. Somehow, somewhere, sometime, someone will remind you and you felt a stab in the chest or an electric shock spread throughout your body – there and then the bad unpleasant events that one chose not to remember pop up and are displayed as if you are watching it as a show on the telly.

Today, due to memories, due to the past – mine to blame most of them - I trembled and almost fell. It felt like a cold sharp sting in my heart. My heart stopped a beat or two. I cried for a while but then I tried hard not to dwell in pain. Not to be defeated. I tried but trying is not enough. I wanted to run, find a place to hide and cry some more till all my tears are dried up....but I can’t. I am still stuck here, watching the memories on a big screen at the same time enduring the pain, even if not pyshically. And mental pain is more painful....I could bet my life on that....

So, does time really heal wounds but leave only scars? I don't know how others feel about it but for me...its only temporary. Time makes you forget for a while, like having an amnesia and no it doesn't leave scars. It only made the wound worst when ever you are reminded of the things that hurt you.

1 comment:

  1. Actually I think somehow or rather it doesn't heal the way we expect it to. .. you need to somehow or rather rationalise the event. ..most of the time it is not our fault in its entirety. .. but you need to find a way to release it somehow. .. do not keep it pent up @ bootled up in you... that is why the pain always seems so fresh...after a while you accept it as a test from the ALLAH the Almighty... only then you will be okay... but it wouldn't stop you from being prejudice towards anything related to all the things that causes the events.... but that is okay. ..

    ReplyDelete